Our processing equipment is specially designed to care for each kernel, allowing optimal utilization.
Did you know that sunflowers only follow the sun during their growth phase? Once they blossom, the flower heads stay facing east.
A typical sunflower head contains between 1,000 and 1,400 seeds! Cimbria processing equipment is specially designed to care for each kernel, allowing optimal utilization.
- First, our Delta cleaners and graders do a thorough pre-cleaning and grading by seed thickness.
- Indented cylinders remove sticks.
- Each seed grade is peeled individually for optimal processing results. The process of gentle peeling and conveying reduces broken kernels.
- Each peeled grade undergoes a further cleaning step with our Delta cleaner to remove hulls, broken or unpeeled kernels.
- Finally, quality is ensured by our gravity separators and optical sorters, which remove light kernels, color defects or other remaining impurities.